Hot Atomic Vapor Workshop
– European Workshop on the Science and Technology of Hot Atomic Vapors –
NEW: University of Stuttgart, Physics Lecture Hall, Pfaffenwaldring 57, H57.02, N48.745632, E9.103237
End of May 2018, Stuttgart semester break, Wed, May 23rd, 2018, 8:55 – Fri, May 25th, 2018, 15:45
The research and the spectroscopy of hot atomic vapors carries great potential for robust applications and quantum technology. Their spectroscopy has lost some attention in the past decades against cold atomic systems. Still, due to their experimental simplicity they further hold the promise to realize the first quantum technology products. Therefore, we see that this is ideal for implementing quantum technology in sensing, metrology, imaging, and more in the near future.
This workshop aims for bringing the relevant European researchers together, to exchange in terms of fundamental physics and applications of hot atomic vapors.
Request to speakers:
- Name why you are doing the research on hot atomic vapors
- Name applications you see for your research
- What is the best/ craziest/ most challenging thing you can think of doing in hot atomic vapors?
- Please allow to publicly share all slides (on the conference website)